Sunday, September 2, 2012

What a weekend!!!

Wow, it has been a weekend... and with it being a three day weekend, I am really scared with what tomorrow may bring.

We started our weekend with the boys playing a baseball game on Friday night.  I didn't go, so Heather Andrews and her family came over and took Keegan and I out to dinner.  Since Tom took the van to the ball game, we didn't have a car seat for him.  I decided to ask my neighbor if she had one we could borrow.  Heather commented, "wow... you usually ask your neighbor for eggs or milk or something, but you asking for a car seat??"  

Upon returning from dinner, my boys were home from their game so Heather's kids played with my boys for a while.  This is where the fun begins... At one point in the night Grayson decided to get a small bottle of pop (DIET COKE!!!!) out of the fridge.  He took it to my bathroom and shook it up, opened the cap and let it go all over the place.  When I found this mess, I was HOT! To be completely honest, I cannot repeat what I said to him.  

Saturday morning we went to his Dr. in Dublin.  On our way there, Heather sent me a picture of my debit card that she had in her wallet.  Oops!  So, I had to turn around and get some cash from the house.  At Grayson's appointment, the Dr. was very concerned with his weight loss.  He is down to 37 pounds.   The Dr. has prescribed an appetite stimulant for him.  REALLY??? I have the exact opposite problem! Must be nice!  

After our appointment, we went out to Heath to take Gramma to the new Panera for a cinnamon crunch bagel (YUM!) and then to Heather's to retrieve my debit card.  

That evening, I met my friend Jennifer Martinez, for dinner at Piada.  Man, I love that place!  But, I have to say, it was so nice to be able to sit, eat and talk with someone who has so much in common with me... it was so good for my soul. (Oh, and we had a few of their bellinis!)

The majority of the excitement started on Sunday morning.  Grayson came down to our bed like he normally does on weekend mornings. At that point I decided to get in the shower to get ready for church.  When I got out of the shower I went up to get Keegan out of his crib.  When I entered his room, I noticed a bag of goldfish on the floor.  Then, I noticed the entire bag of goldfish dumped out in Keegan's crib!!!  Oh, but that wasn't it... there were also carrots and ranch dip in there!  I literally lost it right there.  So many things went through my mind... but the biggest thing was that Keegan could have choked on those carrots! Again, I was HOT!  

Then, the topper to this whole weekend, was just this afternoon.  Keegan just woke up from his nap.  I went up to get him out of his crib.  Tom was outside working on the deck.  From the time I went up to get Keegan and change his diaper, Grayson had cut all the hair off of the top of his head!!!!!!!  Don't worry, I will post a picture.  

Through all of the "Grayson incidents" of the weekend, I can't help but think, "what in the world goes through his mind?!?!?"  I mean, what would make him pick up a pair of scissors and think it would be a good idea to cut his hair the way he did? Or, what made him think it was a good idea to feed the baby carrots??

A while back I was messaging on Facebook with a friend, someone who I look to for guidance and support.  She told me this:


"It's a lie of Satan that God won't let you go through more than you can handle. Because God WILL let you go through more than you can handle so that you HAVE to lean on HIM. God is bigger than all these concerns. Remember the scriptures:
In Luke 12:25, Jesus says, "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" And then in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


Tomorrow is a new day and a new haircut... 

No comments:

Post a Comment